The Perception Analyzer Software modules provide the tools needed to configure your system, program your questions, collect data, analyze results, and export files for use with other applications.
The Perception Analyzer software consists of four modules: Setup, Edit, Collect, and Report.
Updates to the software modules are periodically available. When Dialsmith provides systems for your project on a consulting basis, we make sure software is current. However, system owners should occasionally check for updates and keep their software up to date.
The Setup module simplifies preparation for a project. In addition to automatic diagnostics, the Setup utility includes a wizard that shows you how to connect the PC, console, dials, and various peripherals. It also checks for the best frequency for wireless communication in each environment. (See the System Details section for minimal PC requirements.)
The Edit module enables programming your questions. It allows you to quickly build a standalone questionnaire or integrate your questionnaire into a PowerPoint® presentation. It also allows you to:
- Import questionnaires or build them directly in the software
- Store frequently used questions in a Question Library for easy access
- Rotate questions to prevent order bias
- Easily set up multi-session projects (with or without different questionnaire rotations)
- Use Question Design Wizards to design related question sets and calculated summaries
The Collect module displays questions to respondents and audience members, captures the responses from participants, formats the acquired data, and immediately displays the results. It also:
- Protects data with built-in back-ups and redundancy
- Includes automated wizards that make administrative tasks, like adding participants or exchanging a dial, simple to do
- Provides several ways to show questions to the participants and, optionally, show results to observers in another room (typically used in a focus group or research setting)
The Collect module lets you:
- Add questions on-the-fly during a session
- Integrate your question with other content through PowerPoint®
- View data immediately as it is collected by individual or group aggregate
- View subsets live during data collection (for example, responses sorted by gender)
The Report module compiles your data and lets you view it, run reports, and export to other applications after your session(s). It includes built-in tools for data manipulation and cleaning.
With the Report module, you can:
- View data in graphical format, by individual or group aggregate; or in table format, showing frequencies and/or means
- Export raw data to Excel® or SPSS® formats
- Export aggregated data for graphing in spreadsheet or presentation software
- Print results in table or graph formats
- Save results in BMP or JPEG formats
- Save results in HTML format with a table of contents for posting and sharing online